Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Water for Elephants Movie News

I've been head-over-heels excited since rumors circulated a few years ago about Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants being turned into a movie. Well, I'm happy to say that it is definitely a reality. And after waiting for seemingly forrrrever... some big news came out.

Reese Witherspoon has signed on to play the role of beautiful circus-equestrian Marlena! I am ecstatic about that casting and can easily imagine Reese portraying Marlena. Although it's been over two years since I read the novel, I remember Marlena being described as petite and pretty with light-brown hair. While Reese's blonde hair is always gorgeous, I really hope she goes brunette for the movie. I like it when films are true to the novel when it comes to character depiction. Also, Sean Penn might be playing August. I'd be okay with that.


And here's what really blows my mind: Robert Pattinson might be playing the main character Jacob. I've only seen Pattinson in Twilight. The movie was good; he's not bad looking. But I'm really not into the whole vampire craze. I think this would be an excellent opportunity for Pattinson to branch out beyond the "Edward Cullen" persona. He isn't exactly what I had in mind for Jacob, but I do think he is a good actor and could pull it off. Look at him pre-Twilight: clean cut hair that doesn't stick out all over and health skin that looks like it has seen sunlight in the last millennia. I think this is the most gorgeous picture of him I've ever seen. Now throw on some Depression-era trousers and suspenders... and then I think we might have a promising, rather fetching, Jacob Jankowski.


Gah! I'm just so excited about this movie!

Amore.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog because I receive updates about the upcoming movie adaptation of the Book Water for Elephants.

    I love what you wrote, but I wanted to just aid you in the Robert Pattinson as Jacob vision. Mr. Pattinson is well known for his role as the famed vampire, but hehas played other rolles, possibly not as well know outside of his fandom. I suggest you check out "Litte Ashes" and "How to Be" both independent films in which Mr. Pattinson had staring roles. You can also watch "The Bad Mothers Handbook" on you tube where he played the quiet Daniel Gale, an endearing role.

    He also has an upcoming starring role in "Remember Me" which will open March 12 2010. You can see the trailer here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQV6-QgGjI

    I think he will do the role of Jacob well.

    ReplyDelete