Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bookcase Lust

via MadeByGirl via WeHeartIt
I ♥ the wallpaper, the open bookcase, and how some books are vertical while others are horizontal. Oh, and the chandelier!
via Sharon Domingues via WeHeartIt
Sooo many books, sooo much color, and sooo much storage. (And another chandelier!)
via MadeItDotCom via WeHeartIt
This slim, space-saving bookcase takes me back to the days of children's programs at the public library. I would love to have one of these in my house because it allows for the covers to be displayed.
via Livbit via WeHeartIt
This tree-inspired bookshelf is unlike any book storage I've ever seen! Very cute.
via BooksCakesnKisses via WeHeartIt
My bed is my favorite place to reading, so having books handy is an essential. I love the juxtaposition of all the white and clean lines with the gilt framed portrait.
via Flickr via WeHeartIt
White and pink is always pretty. I'm swooning over the long and low bookcase that lines the back wall and comes up just below the windows. Great lighting, too.
via Tumblr via WeHeartIt
I saved the best for last. Is this bookcase not absolutely splendid?!

Amore.

P.S. I know this blog is devoted primarily to the reading, writing, and researching of historical fiction... but one of my other passions is interior design. Books should not be tucked away and hidden from view. I like to see them out in the open---you can tell so much about a person by skimming over the titles on their bookshelf! I love seeing how other bookworms decorate with and store away their many books. So from now on under the Miscellaneous label you may be seeing some book decor features from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment