Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Open a Vein

"There's nothing to writing. All you do is
sit down at a typewriter and open a vein."

Walter Wellesley Smith

Do any of you write on a typewriter? I personally own two vintage Royal typewriters... one from the forties and one from the sixties. While they're in excellent working condition, both need a new typewriter ribbon. I'm not so sure if I'll start writing my stories on those, though. (I tend to hit the "delete" button a lot.) Typing on a typewriter is sooo very different from typing on a flat laptop keyboard. ...But the sound of the click-clack-ding! is sooo very musical.

Amore.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like it's going to be an interesting blog ... good luck with it!

    Used a typewriter for a while as I found the noise it made once I was on a roll was fantastic ... but my typos were too many :(


    jonas

    ReplyDelete