Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winner!


Alas! It is December 1st.

I'm feeling a mix of emotions right now. I'm happy because November is over, I wrote the 50,000 words in 30 days, and now I can get back to novel-reading. But I'm sad because I'll miss the weekly write-ins with an awesome group of Central Iowa Authors, my story only hit the half-way point at 50k words and will probably need at least another 40k to get to "The End," and next November seems so far away.

This was my second NaNoWriMo and definitely my best. Last year I wrote over 54,000 words and did it all on my own. There was nobody (that I knew of) in my town to have write-ins with. This year I wrote just over 50,000, but I had the greatest time doing it! I attended several write-ins in Ames and Des Moines with wonderful fellow writers. I was much more active in the forums. And I truly had a blast.

I'm not sure how quickly I'll get back to reading Slammerkin, but I hope to finish it and get a review up soonly. After that I'll be on to Harem, The White Queen, and Through a Glass Darkly. It's going to be a fantastic winter full of pageturners! (As soon as I get through my final exams, that is.)

Amore.

No comments:

Post a Comment